For those who want to make a delicious meal without wasting much time in the kitchen, this recipe is perfect.
• 6 cups uncooked egg noodles
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
• 1/2 cup water
• 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
• 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
• Minced fresh parsley
• Cook noodles according to package directions.
• Meanwhile, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme and oregano; rub over pork chops. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Add broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning once. Remove chops and keep warm.
• Stir the cream cheese, butter and mustards into the skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Drain noodles; add to skillet and toss to coat. Serve with pork chops. Garnish with parsley.
1 pork chop with 1 cup noodles: 642 calories, 32g fat (14g saturated fat), 179mg cholesterol, 1175mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 44g protein.
Originally published as Herbed Pork Chops with Creamy Mustard Egg Noodles in Country Woman February/March 2012